Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sugar Cookie Bars

recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff

INGREDIENTS
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Mix in vanilla.

In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread on a greased, rimmed baking sheet (use a 13x18x1" pan/cookie sheet). The dough will be just like cookie dough- heavy and sticky- so it’s best to spray your hands with a little nonstick spray and use them to help mold the dough into the pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Spread on top of bars. Top with sprinkles if you want!


I love Sugar Cookies. My Mom made the most amazing sugar cookies when I was little, for Christmas, for Valentine's Day, and birthdays. So, I always find myself craving them during those holidays. Just FYI, birthdays are definitely holidays. But good sugar cookies are time consuming, they take forever and a day to make. SOOOO when I found these bars on pinterest, I knew I had to them! And I am SO glad that I did, because they are amazing. All the classic flavors of sugar cookies, but without all the hassle of chilling, rolling out, cutting, and chilling again of the dough before you even get to bake them! ANNNND it makes decorating THAT much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment