Tuesday, June 20, 2017

No-Churn Raspberry Ice Cream

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Raspberry Freezer Jam
Raspberry Freezer Jam (for swirls)

DIRECTIONS
In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip your heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks appear. Add vanilla, and half of your sweetened condensed milk and whip until combined. Add remaining sweetened condensed milk until stiff peaks appear.
Gently fold in your raspberry freezer jam until soft pink in color. In a freezable container with lid, layer your with spoonfuls of raspberry freezer jam, and gently swirl. Cover with plastic wrap before putting on the lid, and freeze for at least 2 hours. Then enjoy!

*I was in the mood for something sweet. It is also unbearably hot in my home, so baking was out of the question, and the method I like to use for ice cream usually involves some stovetop time, and I was a little wary of pulling out the frozen canisters because I was afraid my ice cream wouldn't churn to the smooth consistency I prefer. Enter "no-churn ice cream" recipes. I have watched many a video from Delish about no-churn ice creams, and figured it was my time to try one out.

So I chucked my kitchenaid stand mixer bowl, and whisk attachment into the freezer, and started searching for ingredients! I happened to have half a can of sweetened condensed milk from my foray into brazilian limeade, I found a jar of raspberry freezer jam in the freezer, and I went from there. My phone was at 2%, so I took a chance and guessed what proportions I needed. Definitely one of my better experiments, and it was CRAZY good with a waffle cone!

No comments:

Post a Comment