Monday, February 9, 2015

Red Velvet M&M Bars

Adapted from Yellow Bliss Road
INGREDIENTS
1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup of of Valentine M&Ms

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a 9x13 pan, with cooking spray.
In a kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, mix cake mix, egg, butter and vanilla until blended.
Carefully fold in half of the M&Ms. This will be a pain in the butt.
Press batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining M&Ms, pressing them into the batter.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to completely cool before cutting into bars.

I hate red velvet cake. I will admit that it looks beautiful, because red is bae. However, I think it tastes like poop. It's just not my favorite, but I always find myself pinning recipes for it. So, I figured that I could bring a recipe to one of my ward's FHEs… cause that's how Mormon girls get a husband. They turned out to be super pretty, and pretty dang good. Not my favorite, but definitely a crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment