Sunday, May 25, 2014

100 Billion Dollar Spaghetti

adapted from being grown up
INGREDIENTS:
1-16 oz pkg spaghetti
1 lb of ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
8 oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 lb low fat cottage cheese
1 large egg
2 cups grated mozzarella, divided
1/2 stick butter, sliced into pats


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350°.

Boil your spaghetti noodles until al dente (firm). Drain and set aside until ready to assemble.
Combine the cream cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, egg and 3/4 cup mozarella until well blended.
Brown your hamburger, drain well. Combine the hamburger with your spaghetti sauce.

Assemble:
On the bottom of your 13x9" pan, place half of the pats of butter. Add half of the cooked spaghetti.
Top spaghetti with cheese mixture. Add remaining spaghetti, and pats of butter.
Top spaghetti with sauce. Place pan in your preheated oven for 30 minutes. 
After 30 minutes, remove from oven and top with remaining cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool, and then serve!

I was going to make some crunchy taco hamburger helper, but my niece and nephew ate all of the chips while I was at church. Soooo, I had to find something else to make for dinner. Lasagna sounded good, but I am a lazy soul, and looking for lasagna noodles did not sound fun. SO, I hopped on Pinterest, and my favorite (this is what I literally call her because I can never remember her name) had pinned a recipe for million dollar spaghetti, and I decided to give it a try.
Unfortunately, I didn't have sour cream, but I did have greek yogurt, so in it went. I added an egg, because I like things to really set up,  and I am so glad that I did. It cuts into beautiful squares once cooled. So it ends up pretty AND delicious. Since I made a lot of adjustments, I decided to dub this 100 Billion Dollar Spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment